JBN has a number of policy statements that spell out our approach, commitment, responsibility on how we conduct business as well as our relationship with our clients. Each policy is designated a Director or Manager who is responsible for ensuring its implementation as well to its continuous improvement.
JBN Consults and Planners Ltd is committed to:
- Develop and maintain quality consciousness amongst all staff employed and associates or contractors engaged with the company;
- Always gain a satisfactory understanding of the requirements for each assignment that we undertake to ensure that, the solutions offered meet our client’s expectations;
- Always ensure that competent staff are assigned to undertake work;
- Ensure that all reports and documents undergo review prior to submission to the client or approving authorities;
- Develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement in the quality of services offered to our clients and to maintain efficiency and effectiveness in our internal operations;
- Train our staff in all aspects of quality management and develop their professional skills and knowledge;
- Provide mechanisms for collection of feedback on our processes and performance internally, from associates and clients and involve them in developing improvements;
- Continue to develop our customer focus to help us better meet our clients’ needs and expectations;
- Ensure that all equipment, machinery and tools are in sound working condition at all times and are fully calibrated prior to use;
- Comply with statutory obligations, standards, and codes of practice relevant to quality management.
The assurance of quality is fundamental to all work undertaken by JBN and all staff and associates are required to adhere to the requirements of this Quality Assurance Policy for all assignments by the Company. JBN has designated Quality Assurance staff at all times who are directly involved in its activities.
Health and Environment Policy
Excellence in Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) performance is a core value for JBN which is the responsibility of every member of our Team. We are committed to conducting our business in a safe manner and to protect our people and the environment while providing quality services to our clients. In achieving these objectives, we are be guided by the following principles:
- Compliance with applicable policies and regulations governing HSE is a requirement;
- All accidents, occupational illnesses and environmental incidents are preventable;
- Working safely and protecting the environment are conditions of employment; and
- Prevention of injuries, occupational illnesses and incidents is good business.
JBN Consults and Planners Ltd is committed to:
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations governing HSE in our operations;
- Exercise principles of sustainability with regard to use of resources such as water, energy and consumables in its operations and settings;
- Promote application of cleaner production with regard waste management in all its operations;
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions for the employees by providing appropriate tools, equipment, operating processes and safe systems of work covering all our activities;
- Accept the responsibility for applying the above and for providing information, instruction and training at all times and for the durations necessary to achieve this purpose;
- Hold all staff accountable for their safety responsibilities in their respective departments, jobs, crews or workplaces;
- No employ is to be subjected to unsafe working environment or operations while executing JBN work;
- Require employees to immediately report any health, safety and environmental hazards, accidents and near miss incidents to their supervisors, or management;
- Accept the responsibility to provide appropriate levels of safety for other people that may be affected by our activities i.e. visitors, neighbours, contractors etc.
- Monitor and where necessary, make arrangement for health surveillance for any of our activities that endanger the health of any employee.
- Provide and maintain a program of continuous improvement by establishing HSE objectives and targets and endeavor to achieve them by implementing, monitoring, measuring, and reporting HSE performance
- JBN recruits, employs and promotes employees on the sole basis of their qualifications and abilities for the work to be performed and does not discriminate in any manner. The recruitment of staff is based on their suitability for the vacant position and their individual potential for a successful future at JBN in line with the company’s strategy and objectives.
- We remunerate according to the skills, performance and experience of our employees.
- A diverse workforce provides the inspiration and innovation on which our business depends. JBN is committed to creating and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment in which every individual employee feels valued and respected, can develop to their full potential, and make their mark and improve lives. For this reason, employment-related decisions are guided by principles of equal opportunities and treatment and are not influenced by personal differences, such as age, gender, race, culture, disability or nationality or origin. Further, this commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging.
- We do not tolerate any mental, physical or sexual harassment that violates an employee’s right to dignity and respect in the workplace. Employees must be treated with dignity and respect, in a working environment which respects their human rights and which is free from unlawful discrimination and from any form of conduct, whether physical, emotional or verbal, which could be considered to be harassing, coercive or disruptive, including sexual harassment.
- JBN is against all forms of forced and compulsory labor. JBN does not accept employment of children.
- We respect the right of all employees to join any legally recognized employee associations and comply with any laws relating to employee representation. Wherever there is an employee representative body, we strive to maintain an open dialogue with these delegations and maintain a relationship based on mutual trust.
- We take the opinion of our employees seriously and ask regularly for their feedback. We run an annual employee survey to solicit candid, anonymous feedback on needs and expectations to enable identification of areas for improvement. We also use these surveys to determine level of engagement within the company.